OldGreybeard

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Polk County, FL/ Originally Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined. I'm located in Central Florida (Winter Haven).
I'd been looking hard for a used detector that wouldn't break the bank, but would let me 'get my feet wet'. Been watching Craigslist, pawn chops, e-bay, etc. My wife was at a yard sale this morning and picked up a decent MD. It's a Bounty Hunter QDII. The Don't Break the Bank price??? $5!!!
The woman originally wanted $7.50, but wasn't sure it worked, so my wife offered $5 and the lady took that. (The figures are NOT misprinted!)She said she didn't have the charger and wasn't sure if the batteries were charged. As you know, there is no charger required, because the unit is not chargeable. The batteries were past their use by date and inserted incorrectly.
After a quick trip to the Dollar Tree, I came home, inserted the batteries, and watched the indicators come to life and listened to the various tones on the headphones. I'd say my wife done good by me!!!
Going to watch for a pin-pointer now. I'm open to partnering, etc. close by until I get the hang of things. Any help and hints are more than welcome.
Thanks for being here!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard OldGreybeard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our community! There's lots to learn from on here, and nothing beats actual field experience. Enjoy - it's a great hobby and can become a lifestyle of sorts. You'll find lots of us here for whom that's the case. And congrats on the first metal detector score! :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Virginia! Your wife done good! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
O

OldGreybeard

Greenie
Jul 22, 2017
Polk County, FL/ Originally Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
My son really got me into this. He's back in MA. Someone gave him a MD they didn't want any more!!! He goes ot pretty often. He finds mostly 'relics' (horseshoes, Colonial nails, etc.) He found the site of a Colonial barn, and before that an Indian campground, so he's hoping for more finds and maybe some arrowheads.
I'll share the forum with him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions