Help choosing metal detector

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,

I have been prospecting rose creek in Prescott Valley Arizona with some success and I would like to start using a metal detector on some of the exposed and nearly exposed bedrock. I am completely clueless when it comes to metal detectors and I am looking to start VERY small as my wallet is VERY thin hahaha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie

Upvote 0

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you get a waterproof unit unless this "creek" is always dry. Garrett AT Gold is mid priced, search them on the net and see what kind of $$$ you will be looking at.

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure shortly there will be a lot more members with more experience in gold hunting with a metal detector. With price as a factor, I can give you a couple of detectors to research:

Eurotec Pro w/11" DD coil (approx $299.00)
Minelab Xtera 705 w/10x5" DD coil

If you're serious about finding gold with a MD you may consider getting a used dependable detector, like Garrett, Minelab, Tesoro, there are usually quality machines at a reduced prices to be found here on the web site, eBay, Craig's list.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any machine will find big gold nuggets! Research the Xterra 705 that can do what you need it's made to find small gold ,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher Gold Bug 2 is the one I would get if I had a small budget.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Charlie! If you want to use a detector, it depends on the size of the gold. Most detectors can find big nuggets, but sub gram gold requires a gold detector. A Garrett AT gold has the added benefit of being fully waterproof, so you can detect in a stream and not worry about dropping the detector in the water.

The Fisher gold Bug series is also a good choice, but they aren't water proof. Feel free to give me a call to discuss.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

I have been prospecting rose creek in Prescott Valley Arizona with some success and I would like to start using a metal detector on some of the exposed and nearly exposed bedrock. I am completely clueless when it comes to metal detectors and I am looking to start VERY small as my wallet is VERY thin hahaha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie

Hi Charlie! I hope you realize you live in the town where one of the best Gold Nugget hunting metal detectors is made - Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. You should drive by there ( 715 White Spar Road Prescott, AZ, USA 86303 1-928-771-2646 ) and ask to speak to Rusty Henry. Rusty is a personal friend of mine, and a legend to us nuggetshooters. Good Luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread