Budkeywest

Greenie
Jan 15, 2012
Orlando
Detector(s) used
looking for used to start...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my last day vacation is tomorrow, Friday. Got to head back to work on Monday at the big Orange Box.

Does anyone have a decent place to go in Coco? I have not been to the beaches out there, I am very inexperienced and just would like to get out by myself for a day. It's about a 45 minute drive from Orlando.

Saturday I plan to take the wife and kids back to Venice Beach to hunt sharks teeth again on Saturday.

Using a buddy's Garrett Treasure hunter 100.

Thanks!

Bud

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
At Cocoa Beach the busiest place is behind Ron Jon's surf shop, there is a big parking lot, and the beach is right out there. The pier is right there. Also up North a few miles in Canaveral is the Jetty park. That is good too. Venice beach itself is not good for sharks teeth any more. In the early 1990s they started pumping sand on the beach, and still do, to make it larger, and this has covered up the sharks teeth, to the point that you cannot find one in city limits. But, if you go South on Harbor Drive, were the City Hall and Tennis courts are, go a few miles South to the pier, where Sharky's restaurant is, and there are sharks teeth there, but it is hit hard, and down South of there at Casperson Beach, just South of the pier. Early morning is best, as is low, low tide for sharks teeth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions