Help deciding on a water scoop

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sunspot stealth scoop all the way!

I use the classic, if I was going to hunt the water chest deep I would think about the newer ones with a 20 degree angle!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to recommend both RTG and the Sunspot as makers of high quality products.... although some of them are not necessarily inexpensive. We can get both brands for you if it helps (they just haven't been put on our website just yet). :)

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The latest design Stealth scoops are fantastic. Have had a multitude of scoops over the past several years, most all of the popular brands. Thoroughly impressed with this latest Stealth scoop, can't go wrong with them. I believe they make a super sturdy break-down travel handle too....

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting this RTG scoop. I wanted the extra strength of the one piece handle over the portability and it wasn't much more to buy this one with the extra handle extension. I haven't used it yet, but it seems to be of good quality and I can see it lasting a lifetime easily. I wanted something smaller then the Stealth Scoops because I wouldn't really be doing any hunting in the surf, but rather in swimming holes. I purchased it from Fort Bedford and Keith shipped it without charging anymore for shipping and he actually was able to discount it a little off from the RTG suggested price.

I certainly agree with the other post that suggests buying your equipment one time. This is certainly true with digging equipment.

P1000885.JPG

Last edited:

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my new RTG! I love it! Got it from Reilly's. Great folks in there. They have a cool little shop in Pompano Beach and they were very helpful. Gotta support your local vendors!

image-125270862.jpg

image-3025658033.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread