Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like snail gathering devices. Is it illegal to collect snails? Take your material home to seperate the snails.......sounds legal to me.
Anyone that wants to arrest you for a shovel full of gravel, should be ashamed. Good Luck.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
I doubt seriously its illegal to prospect everywhere in missouri. Id call and ask. What did you use for the plunger/gasket in your suction tubes?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
knowing the rules and haveing a copy with you, is the key to doing what you like todo in Missouri! im currently working with MDNR on some sort of rules/permit/stuff! as of right now, there arent any rules/permits/anything pertaining to prospecting, other than common sense issues, I.E( treaspassing,permission letter) id get ahold of this ranger and possibly his boss and request a copy of this "law" they are claiming that your violating! im sure they cant do this,because there isnt one! YET!this came up as a issue because of these gold shows on tv and newbees asking the MDNR where they can go to prospect in Missouri! so the MDNR decided that better get something on the books. thats where i got involved.im Missouris PLP representative, and as of right now, there isnt anything! if you goto the gold show in St.Joe in Oct. come look me and Walt Wegner at the PLP booth!

Last edited:

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
The resources coalition has a public servant questioner that would make the ranger a little nervous filling out if you are stopped. Here in Washington we have to carry a copy of rules for prospecting from fish and game. I carry that questioner with the rules.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
iPad will not let me link. Go to. Resourcescoalirion.org on the home page at the bottom is the questioner. This site is really for the prospector/ miner. I really do not advocate many sites, but this one I saw these folks at the Puyallip ( sp myabe off) gold prospectors show and what a resource of info.

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
not for sure i traded for them they look like cane tips sanded down to me

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DNR has way too much power and none of them play by the book so just give them a call to straighten out whats right or wrong. You give him that questionnaire your more than likely gonna tick him off to the point where you will inherit the first pot field or illegally shot carcass in the area and a cavity search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread