Help finding civil war campsite vol II - detecting buddies needed

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all, I received permission to hunt a private gated multiple hundred acre hunting camp parcel. It's got a full time groundskeeper but I have written permission. It was a camp for his troops (but not him) around Jan - Feb.

I've been told a few people over years were given permission to hunt but nobody has found the campsite - and owner told me a long time ago an older gentleman who lived on or near it told him he'd found (seen?) "buckets of bullets" but he didn't ask him where.

I've been out for 4-6 hours twice and haven't found anything I could tie to a civil war camp; did find one percussion cap and a large bell ringer near one side hill base and a horse bit in the middle of roads along opposite side base.

Was wondering - can anyone find info on where the camp is? If they can and give me some sort of proof (doesn't have to be anything that gives away spot just so I know it's not going to be a random fishing expedition) they would be welcome to join me sometime for a full day of detecting. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread