Help finding headphones

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ok, i'm sick of two things.

#1 Breaking plastic headphones, these things seem to be made out of really junky plastic.

#2 Sweating my ears off with simulated leather or striaght plastic ear covers.

So, i'm after heavy-duty headphones with metal over the head between the cups, and cloth around-the-ear phones.

Sound quality isn't a major concern, i'm young and my hearing is good. Neither is cost, I want something that will last.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find cloth over the earcups as these won't last. Good head phones are ones called Black Widows, Grey Ghosts, Jolly Roger, Killr bees, etc. These all have cups that fit around the ear, not on them.

OP
OP
Lasivian

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I know I said "over the ear" what I was meaning was "around the ear" like this ratphone picture:

Cup200.jpg

The problem is the plastic "ring" gets horribly sweaty and uncomfortable for me.

I have some old sony ones with cloth where the cups held up well, but the plastic in the over-the-head-band has broken 3 times.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cut and slip some cotton socks over the cups..

OP
OP
Lasivian

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
cosmic said:
cut and slip some cotton socks over the cups..

Yeah, the part that bugs me tho is I have a considerable amount of cash in hand for the right product for my needs, but nobody seems to make that product.

It's the story of my life I swear :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread