Help for Movie

NickDanger

Oct 28, 2007
This might not be in western NC but a treasure legend in my area of the state which id based in fact is about the gold train. In short the confederate treasury was being moved south, stopped in greensboro. Being loaded down with gold coin, thecoommander issued sealed orders to an subordinate. A train consistion of an engine,a flat car and one box car was issued. The orders were not to be opened untill the "train" was approx. 13 miles out of greensboro on a rail line going towards mc clainsvelle (wrong spelling) gibsonville area.
Upon opon opening the orders, they found they were to bury iron cooking pots sealed with bailing wire approx. 100 yards from the tracks on both sides untill all the cooking pots were buried. Here's the beauty part, each cooking pot was filled with confederate gold coins(the gold was so heavy that it was slowing down the rest of the treasure train) In the early 20's or teens a farmer plowed up one of the pots, and also one was found in the 30's I think. The rest are still out there waiting to be found. All the soilders involved ended up dieing in prison camps or battles. There are documents in the archives that attest to the fact that the orders were issued and a train was issued for the mission. I imagine there was all kinds of intruge and cloak and dagger stuff involved in the transfer of the gold and the actual mission. It might not be in western NC but it is one heck of a legend/fact..................... 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back