Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the dual disc system pretty quickly. The trigger switch makes it so easy- push forward to go into disc 2 (alt disc), pull it back to go to all metal mode. In neutral position it is in disc 1, of course.

I usually set disc 1 on "foil" and disc 2 on "tab", but it depends on what you're hunting. Some people like to set them up so they can tell when a target is a nickel or not... set disc 1 below "5 cents" and set disc 2 just to where a nickel starts to break up.

Just be careful once you set the knobs, they're easy to bump and accidentally turn.

I don't have experience with the Nautilus but would say the learning curve is pretty mild on the Tejon. In fact I was considering a Nautilus for a while, but then I found out about the Tejon.

R

rvbvetter

Never used a Nautilaus. But the Tejon is a snap to learn. I like finding nickels, so I set disc 1 just low enough to except nickels. And disc 2 just high enough to reject nickels. If it still gives a hit in disc 2 then I turn disc 2 to reject pull tabs and sweep again and so on.
I recommend you test your Tejon to see where nickels drop out at in disc 1 & 2. My particular Tejon, the nickel is disc'd out well before the nickel mark on disc 1 & 2 . HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread