HELP Garrett CXIII

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I have the CX Plus and it is an excellent all-around detector and should be close to the CXIII in performance. Go to garrett.com and see if they make a 4.5" and 10x14 DD coil for the CXIII. They would be better than the 8" concentric for prospecting. If you don't have a manual, you may be able to download one.

ChuckNC

May 8, 2005
Garrett does make a PowerDD coil to fit the CXIII. I have a CXIII but haven't yet gotten that coil.
It works OK for gold, but not as well as some of the competitors. Mainly its for coinshooting and relic hunting.
I have found it works well when the sensitivity is as high as is stable and its set on motion all metal mode rather than than the non-motion mode. Actually found a 1 gram pellet of Pt that way. Funny thing is it registered as iron, so dig EVERYTHING when you use it for nuggethunting. I talked with Garrett shortly after and found out that gold will even show up as foil, when its in thin flakes.
Good luck
Chuck

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig'm all,no disc,ID machines aren't the best but sure beats nothing.Colorado river placers below the dam are the closest area to Vegas.I found 4" x 10" silver plates used in amalgamation in some ruins-but NO gold.BE careful,rattlers and the heat are bloody dangerous in the desert,ALWAYS take a partner.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread