HELP!! HELP!!

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need anyone who knows about Gems and Precious/Semi-precious stones to help me identify this Pre1.PNG pre2.PNG pre3.PNG pre4.PNG

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more you can tell us re where they were found and what other rocks and minerals that they were found with would help a Lot. Also, have you done any basic tests, like scratch/hardness, specific gravity, etc?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These rocks are found in Kenya, They are extremely hard tried to crush it but its resistant. Cannot be scratched and a small piece weighs 25 carats. Where the rock is found is with other rocks of same type but different colours, there are Purple ones and blue ones too

That image i have posted itself weighs 25 carats

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
On another thread, I noticed you were seeking a market to sell precious gems from Kenya. If you do become a Charter Member (a requirement to sell on Treasure Net unless you are also a TNet sponsor), I suggest that with any precious stone (certainly one with a big price) you also offer the Certificate of Authenticity and grade of that gemstone--as issed by a known gem lab--like GIA, GHI,BGL,AIGS, CIT or EGL.
Don.....

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be several things. Non precious sapphire, rutile, and others. There would be information available on the internet as to your site. For instance, you would not find sapphire in a limestone environment and you would not find fossils in a pegmatite.

Upvote 0

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On another thread, I noticed you were seeking a market to sell precious gems from Kenya. If you do become a Charter Member (a requirement to sell on Treasure Net unless you are also a TNet sponsor), I suggest that with any precious stone (certainly one with a big price) you also offer the Certificate of Authenticity and grade of that gemstone--as issed by a known gem lab--like GIA, GHI,BGL,AIGS, CIT or EGL.
Don.....

Ahhh, Thanks Don. Didn't realize i was going to 'help' someone who already knew enough of what he has to either sell or scam. I also notice that while he replied, he didn't answer my question which indicates the latter to me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, Thanks Don. Didn't realize i was going to 'help' someone who already knew enough of what he has to either sell or scam. I also notice that while he replied, he didn't answer my question which indicates the latter to me.

This was your reply friend, Only that i had forgotten to qoute you. Sorry

These rocks are found in Kenya, They are extremely hard tried to crush it but its resistant. Cannot be scratched and a small piece weighs 25 carats. Where the rock is found is with other rocks of same type but different colours, there are Purple ones and blue ones too

That image i have posted itself weighs 25 carats

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be several things. Non precious sapphire, rutile, and others. There would be information available on the internet as to your site. For instance, you would not find sapphire in a limestone environment and you would not find fossils in a pegmatite.

Been searching everywhere but couldn't get the info, a friend of mine told me last night to take it to a gemologist for examination

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don.....

This could work best, Because a certification means a legit product with no scam. Will be visiting one of these labs here in Nairobi kenya and i will get back to you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where this rock is i noticed there are only precious and mysterious stones. Had one that can change colours too

Upvote 0

Mia

Nov 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, these piece of rocks are found in Nyanza, a place called Kit Mikayi, In Kisumu

Very precious and highly digged

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Complex

Nov 17, 2017
Thika
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, these piece of rocks are found in Nyanza, a place called Kit Mikayi, In Kisumu

Very precious and highly digged

Does that mean you have a clue about these rocks? That's nice

Upvote 0

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No more images of this rock.. Had taken only those images i posted. Maybe images of a different rock

So you don't have them in your possession? Hmmmmmmmm................

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions