Help? I guess...

JADaniels

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2012
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new... like two days new... I wouldn't even call myself a "treasure "finder"" more like a lucky gardener... ok enough of that... heres to what is important....
I found two pieces of "metal" yesterday when i was readying my yard to grow grass. I first thought them to be wood but when the gardening tool hit it sent that all too familiar sound in the air. Well i cant tell what type of metal it is and i don't want to "clean" it because i don't know what will or what wont hurt the items. Now that being said they might be nothing but on the off chance they are something real or authentic i do not wish to tarnish their integrity.

On a note to all that... I wont say where exactly... for personal reasons... but i live near or close to civil war territory in Virginia... near or close to the Lee Hall Mansion / Endview Plantation area.

So.... please help with all info and or identification.... maybe a way to clean then properly with home remedies. Or if they are nothing, be blunt please.

Pictures are of items: I dried them with a towel (it was raining when found) and dusted them off with a paintbrush and after i got all "earthy" crud that i could off... and for a comparison they are put next to a gerber tool four inches in length.

GEDC0577.JPG GEDC0578.JPG GEDC0581.JPG GEDC0582.JPG GEDC0583.JPG

Upvote 0

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe pieces of a sword ????

diggummup