May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's more like a huge knife or machete in original sheaths. I only paid $5 each but couldn't pass them up. It's a long shot but does anyone recognize the maker??

DSC02231.JPG DSC02232.JPG DSC02233.JPG DSC02234.JPG

MAV1

Jul 18, 2010
Quantico, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Could also be South American. Need a pic of the overall blade shape. I have collected a few from Tibet . If they are rusty and you want to clean them up a Scotch brite pad puts a nice working finish in them.

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could also be South American. Need a pic of the overall blade shape. I have collected a few from Tibet . If they are rusty and you want to clean them up a Scotch brite pad puts a nice working finish in them.

There is rust on both but I just buy and sell, I don't really collect. Just wondering what the value (if any) there is to them.

DSC02235.JPG

MAV1

Jul 18, 2010
Quantico, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I am Unsure on the style of blade. I would clean them up a little and hit the leather with some cleaner and ask 40-50 a piece. Looks to be animal horn handles. With all the zombie craze people love the big blades.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Used to collect knives. Have seen knives like this for sale at our local once-a-month gun show. Was told they are from the Phillipines...

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replys.... The handles are what kind of drew me to them. The gun show is a great idea too. If I don't get enough info on them I'll just bring them to the gun show and maybe find out more about them there. One more question. I know that I normally shouldn't clean them but these seem well used. Should I clean them up ( I'm definitely selling them whether they are worth $5 or $50) or just let the new owner do that? Thanks again.

DSC02236.JPG DSC02237.JPG

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
the new owener can give it the look he wants or make his owen mistake..All you can do by cleaning it with anything but a wet rag is to limt the number of buyers you mite of had.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask 60 each or both for a hundo

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not clean them. If I was a buyer, I wouldn't want to buy your cleaning, just the blades, you can oil them. My brother bought a similar blade for $40, he was also told it was Filipino. i sold a Dyak sword for $250, bought it for $60. It was unusual in that instead of the usual brass plug in the blade, it had a gold plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread