lostandfound66

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2012
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
whites and Garrett at-pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/SIZE] This is my first post and if I do something wrong please let me know. I found the gold oak leaf button or cuff link a while back in the drive of an old church using a Tesoro detector. It was in an area in Indiana where the church has been gone for a long time and an old grave yard sits behind where the church used to be. The gravel drive was littered with tab tops from night time parkers and I was about to give up when I hit this deep target and felt that it might be below the tabs. It measures almost an inch diameter and is a quarter of an inch thick. The sides are copper or brass, the background is gold and the stones could be rubies or garnets. The oak leaves make up the background design and that's about it. What time period is it from and any other info. I found the other button last week also along the entry to an old homesite family cemetery. This is a really old cemetery that I have a 5th great grandparents interred there. There are also 2 Rev. war and 3 civil war vets there. The button is a typical looking coin button, but it appears to be silver with a radiating design in the middle. Can anyone give me a time period and any other info you might have. thanks, and I hope I can get the pics downloaded.

Attachments

• button A1.jpg
    button A1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 63
  • button A1back.jpg
    button A1back.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 58
  • button B front.jpg
    button B front.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 53
  • button B1.jpg
    button B1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure ,but you want want to post them in the what is it section ussually the experts will chime in and give you a hand on the ID . But cools finds the flat button I would say late 1700's early 1800's civilian

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one looks more like a cufflink piece - date?
The second is 1780s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread