Jay Banta

Apr 17, 2018
Biloxi, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C49A7B95-7EE5-4E34-BB0C-1ABD9488C4D9.jpeg

I found this in a field earlier this year. I’m told it could be a Scottish or Finnish police hat badge, but I’m not sure. It says “Belsingfort” on the top and has a crown and ship in the middle. Along the bottom it says “Poliseman”. It feels like it is made of aluminum and may have had a pin on the back of it that has rusted away. I hope someone can help me ID what this is. If the photo does not attach, then email me and I will send you one.

[email protected]

Thank you for your help.

James Banta

OP
OP
J

Jay Banta

Apr 17, 2018
Biloxi, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is this a police badge as I have been told. I found it in a cow pasture not far from a Finnish church in Pascagoula, MS. Not real sure how it go there though.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is this a police badge as I have been told. I found it in a cow pasture not far from a Finnish church in Pascagoula, MS. Not real sure how it go there though.

Correct.

And as far as "how"... well I can think of many ideas... but for some reason "kids" come to mind.

I am sure one of the church's members was once a cop there and immigrated... son... or daughter... had badge playing... and the rest ... well you know.

OR... make up a scenario... and that is probable too.. :)

At least now you know what you have.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats has struck me about this though is the giant "hole" / "tear" in it.

Seemed odd... almost unnatural.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread