Help in understanding the universal antenna rod.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi! Anybody out there can give me an encouraging uplifting help with understanding or at least what to expect on a Anderson universal antenna rod. I ordered and got 1 a few days ago I am still trying to find you tube videos on the findings an operation of this unit. The questions would be.. What can I expect from it if I only want to find metal with it? Am I forced to dig deeper than 1 foot to find something? I want to try it at the beach because in such a place I can make deep holes a cover the hole after I get a reading with soil I am cohabited to not go further than 12 inches. I was going to use a combination of AT Max or Ace APEX with the rods reading to verify if its reading is truthful. Any and all guidelines of this devise would be appreciated. Thanks for your time and candid inspiration. "LP":dontknow::icon_scratch:???

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
You are not going to get much help posting about a divining rod here.
You will probably get nailed for even believing these things work at all, let alone spending hundreds of dollars on one...or thousands.
This sub forum has other believers, maybe someone there can help you out.
Long Range Locators

There are many over there that have them, use them or build them and swear they work, none can ever seem to actually prove it and they will fight anyone to the death that disagrees with them but I am sure they will welcome you in with open arms.
Except Carl, of course.
That guy has a big collection of them and still hasn't had any success using even one but according to many he just hasn't figured out exactly how to use them...yet.
Good luck with it, if you can't get it to work you still have a pretty cool Star Warsy looking toy you can play with.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What to expect? Sure. You can expect to discover that you threw away your money on a complete scam.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread