Help me choose a metal detector. Three options for a beginner. Thanks

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I am very interested in metal detecting. Ive been doing some research and I have three units that are in the price range that people seem to rate highly. Any suggestions/ helpful hints would be great. I live in Northeast Ohio so if someone lives in Ohio and has a nice one they want to sell let me know! Thanks
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett Ace 250
Tesero Compadre

I will be hunting mostly fields, parks and potentially wooded areas ( Sadly, Ohio doesnt have oceans :( I do vacation to Myrtle Beach so it would be cool if it would work on the beach, if not its not the end of the world. Thanks guys!

HOT COIL

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2011
If this is your first machine, I would lean toward the "beep and dig" standard bearer in the group, the Tesero Compadre!! :headbang:

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your tip! I ended up finding a new in box treasure hunter 3030 on craigslist for 60 bucks. I went and picked it up and found three coins in my back yard! Its not the best but I wanna gain some experience on it and then upgrade. And for 60 im sure I can flip it and make a profit :headbang:

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
When you do, get a Silver Umax. Great machine! Compadre would also be a great choice especially if you're hitting a lot of tot lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread