joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link, that site looks really cool, I will check it out more after work.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No expert but maybe -early 1900's.

My opinion ,as the properties look taken care of , grass cut etc, the owners of the site do care about them & maybe want to have them placed of your State/ County's Historic roster.
Also from the look of the roads they seem to be off the beaten path.

Funny the fence around the Church/School look's to want to keep folks in.
Both are a detectorest's 'must hunt sites'.
Davers

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
try your county auditor site, it usually has the date built and owner/s, and sometimes past tax
records on previous owners

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I don't see anyone detecting over there tomorrow haha

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No expert but maybe -early 1900's.

My opinion ,as the properties look taken care of , grass cut etc, the owners of the site do care about them & maybe want to have them placed of your State/ County's Historic roster.
Also from the look of the roads they seem to be off the beaten path.

Funny the fence around the Church/School look's to want to keep folks in.
Both are a detectorest's 'must hunt sites'.
Davers

The school is sitting directly behind a county trash collection facility so the fence is to keep people out of that area. It would make sense that it's county property just being reused.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's hard to put a date on a picture of a building. Different styles were used at different times in different areas. You have to go by things like plumbing and wiring. The metal roof was used way back, but it is coming into vogue in some areas now. The ship lap siding is old however. A wild guess would be over 100 years old for the original construction. Frank
6 06-1 Yellowstone 063.jpg See what I mean?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
OLD WALKERTOWN SCHOOL BLDG
WALKERTOWN CONVNCE CNTR
Yr Built: 1920
sale date 07/17/2006,11/27/1995,05/08/1975
30.01 in jpg
K.) A resolution to approve a lease agreement for the Walkertown Convenience Center;
at around pg 33 the resolution passed, it was a renew of the la, because of new owners
the la had to be redone
http://www.greenecountyclerk.com/sites/greenecountyclerk.com/files/docs-FC-111510-agenda.pdf

WALKERTOWN RD 1210
Yr Built: 1946
sale date 09/11/2002
30.03 in jpg
Tennessee Property Data Home Page

hash rd aka walkertown rd.jpg

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OLD WALKERTOWN SCHOOL BLDG
WALKERTOWN CONVNCE CNTR
Yr Built: 1920
sale date 07/17/2006,11/27/1995,05/08/1975
30.01 in jpg
K.) A resolution to approve a lease agreement for the Walkertown Convenience Center;
at around pg 33 the resolution passed, it was a renew of the la, because of new owners
the la had to be redone
http://www.greenecountyclerk.com/sites/greenecountyclerk.com/files/docs-FC-111510-agenda.pdf

WALKERTOWN RD 1210
Yr Built: 1946
sale date 09/11/2002
30.03 in jpg
Tennessee Property Data Home Page

View attachment 1085919

Thanks a lot that's awesome. The one that says it was built in 1946 is the house across the street. It's cool though the store is probably around 1920 as well.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the esteemed Frankn mentioned, roofing materials can be a great clue.
Tin roofs, as pictured, have a lifespan of app 30yrs, if maintained property and painted. The screw's/ nails that secure metal roofing are the first to fail.
These day's, metal standing seam roofs are high dollar, as colors are now heat applied from factory. No tin either. Most are galv/alum. Hardware now consists of urethane based gromets, that will outlast any pre-1990 structure.
All said, building's pictured are circa 1930s.
Silver may be there.
GL
Peace ✌

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
As the esteemed Frankn mentioned, roofing materials can be a great clue.
Tin roofs, as pictured, have a lifespan of app 30yrs, if maintained property and painted. The screw's/ nails that secure metal roofing are the first to fail.
These day's, metal standing seam roofs are high dollar, as colors are now heat applied from factory. No tin either. Most are galv/alum. Hardware now consists of urethane based gromets, that will outlast any pre-1990 structure.
All said, building's pictured are circa 1930s.
Silver may be there.
GL
Peace ✌

Yea, when I built my home 14 years ago I installed an aluminum roof with a white baked on finish. I used SS screws with neoprene washers and used urethane adhesive at the 1 foot overlap. It is in effect a one piece roof. It reflects heat to keep the house cool in summer and the heat in in winter. No maintenance required.
Frank five star.png

mapman

Jun 10, 2006
Lakewood, Colorado
Sorry about the delay, I just found you request. There were no maps made for Chuckey, TN
You may contact me through my web site for Sanborn Maps www.oldusmaps.com let me know what city and I will let you know what dates and the number of maps as well as send you a free sample.
Lewis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread