Help me figure out what this is?

Wvtermite

Greenie
Jul 14, 2015
Albright WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found in a cave in the Appalachian backwoods by me. I've read and looked around but still not sure what it is? There is definitely marks on the rock that it was sculptured into this shape. IMG_20150714_112127474.jpg

Upvote 0

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show some other angles of your find? It may help someone identify it for you. Good luck!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to be a smart ass, but that is not a Moccasin Last or even a man made artifact. The was caused by natural freeze fracturing and not by flaking, pecking, or grinding. Trust the folks on here that will tell you the same. Moccasin Lasts are figments of vivid imaginations. Why would they need a rock for this when they could use the foot of the person? That rock is not going to match the foot size of very many people. This myth began years ago and people still think that is what these are but they aren't.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you walk thousands of acreas,thousands of hours, and pick up thousands of artifacts you will come to the conclusion that's just a rock.

OP
OP
W

Wvtermite

Greenie
Jul 14, 2015
Albright WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't argue with the freeze fracture I guess. Well its a nice door stop. I was rich and famous for a moment :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread