help me identify this token please railroad crossing safety?

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
i found this token in a field behind my house, the feilde was a cow pasture back in the 20s and 30s. its the size of a silver dollar . looks to be copper or brass. on one side shows 3 men or boys in shorts standing by a road.. and reads .......stop to think...look to see... and listen to hear. for safety. h. daake. 38. on the reverse it reads. always be careful at every crossing. and shows a circle with a cross in it. ... if you can help me thank you. jeff.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you guys are good :thumbsup: I looked around on google and ebay and couldnt find anything. :wav: :wav: Way to go!!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The image created may predate 1936. Herman A. Daake was 36 years old in 1927 when he described himself as "fat, 36, work for Erie Railroad". So the "36" may designate his age at the time rather than the year. In that same year, 1927, Daake was most concerned about children near trains and developed several Safety First programs, including posters feature the item in question. He called that image Three Wise Children. In his position of Supervisor of Safety for the Erie Railroad, he had first hand knowledge of the need for greater awareness by children who played near the tracks.

An interesting bio of H. A. Daake appear here: (in alpha order, his name appears as the second entry, immediately after 'DAR'): http://www.fulco.lib.in.us/genealogy/Tombaugh/Fulton Co. Handbooks/PDF/Handbook D-E.pdf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread