103.6 KB · Views: 1,709

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Otto,

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. What part of the country are you from? (just curious). Great pics. In the first pic, it looks like it is in Europe, just a guess (England/Ireland). That big stone with the moss/growth on it, looks like it too has been there for a while. The second pic, looks to me like a calvary cross (if you turn your head sideways and to the left). To the right of the crosses, there is what appears to be a "buckle" carved into the rock. I am taking a guess and saying that that "buckle" is the stand for the cross. I think you know what I am trying to say.
If my memory serves me correct, the calvary cross could me a mine, a church, or treasure of some kind. Hope it helps and let us know what you find out.

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Otto,

I dont know what they mean but sure are nice pictures. Good luck to you in your quests.

Happy Hunting Twister

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I aint seen a pack of L&M's in 30 years. I bet there is something to the crosses...d2

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
RON (PA) said:
Otto,

It's not Ireland. You see those snow covered mountains in the background? They're too high to be in Ireland. The carving is not right either. I'm going to take a wild guess that the mountains are the Pyranees in France. The carvings look like some I have seen in France before.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. What part of the country are you from? (just curious). Great pics. In the first pic, it looks like it is in Europe, just a guess (England/Ireland). That big stone with the moss/growth on it, looks like it too has been there for a while. The second pic, looks to me like a calvary cross (if you turn your head sideways and to the left). To the right of the crosses, there is what appears to be a "buckle" carved into the rock. I am taking a guess and saying that that "buckle" is the stand for the cross. I think you know what I am trying to say.
If my memory serves me correct, the calvary cross could me a mine, a church, or treasure of some kind. Hope it helps and let us know what you find out.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool.
The picture needs turned. I believe those are suppose to be buldings under the crosses.

Good luck.
Ken

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
I would venture to say it is a land marker that indicates who owned the land at one time . what better way to mark your land carve it into a huge boulder. great find too

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read 3 Treasures, one large 2 small all west of that location. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
I read 3 Treasures, one large 2 small all west of that location. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Why West?

Since we don't know East from West from North or South?

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Holy cow, that pic is a treasure, dang that is cool.

I think mud is saying "west" in orientation to the picture.

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I concur with RON (PA).

They are Calvary Crosses ; signified by the pedistals they are standing on.

The signifigance of there being three with the larger one in the middle seems rather obvious. At Golgotha, Christ was executed with along with two thieves; one on either side.

A Mine ?, a Church ?, Treasure ? ; Ron pretty well nailed it down.

I'm no Sherlock Holmes but belive Otto's username gives us a good clue where the pics were taken. (Narrows it down anyway.)

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Seems to me, from the first photo that your second photo is cut into the vertical face of the rock on the right.

Since the original orientation of the crosses are indicated by their bases, someone apparently went to the trouble or moving the rock to see what was under the crosses......... !

My guess is the crosses are a set of pointers. Return the rock to the correct orientation, or figure out where it went and figure out from there where it would be pointing. Cinch that anything under the rock is no longer there.

Probably should put it back down, so no one gets hurt when she falls.....

Good luck!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great scenery!

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Definitely not Germany or Switzerland, most probably Sweden or NOrway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread