Picture 1283.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
looks like just random meaningless squiggles on a rock to me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Take 100,000,000 years of weathering and call me in the morning."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
IT WAS PUT THERE BY THE ALIENS !

ha, are you saying it's not a sure-fired-iron-clad treasure sign? On the contrary, I see a turtle there too! (the treasure sign for "gold", right?). You just gotta squint real hard, turn your head a little sideways, stand on one foot, and THEN you'll see it! And if you dis-believe that this is a treasure sign, then the faithful believers will be laughing at you all the way to the bank! haha

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ha, are you saying it's not a sure-fired-iron-clad treasure sign? On the contrary, I see a turtle there too! (the treasure sign for "gold", right?). You just gotta squint real hard, turn your head a little sideways, stand on one foot, and THEN you'll see it! And if you dis-believe that this is a treasure sign, then the faithful believers will be laughing at you all the way to the bank! haha

and have a couple beers and smoke a little hooch.yeah now i'm beginning to see it.

OP
OP
L

leoleo

Dec 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems that you don't believe
it is prominent snake
it is in the middle east region

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is prominent snake

usually the people in this forum take things more Serious.

Hopefully my Moving it will help

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Instead of a sign, you might look at it as a map. There are a couple of round areas (circles) that don't look natural.
I would compare it to a map of the area using the river as a matching point. Good luck, Frank five star.png
111-1 profile.jpg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Leo, As just a guess I believe the symbols that's carved such as your snake indicates the wandering type of trail used by animals generally they follow the easiest path to follow,used for pack animals, the features are carved with a small drill hole may indicate possibly rest stops, camp, supplies or any # of other meanings, my thoughts are that supply caves ( vaults ) were used kinda like a store along the trail, This is JUST a guess on my part but I believe a Days travel may have been 12.5 miles or 5 leagues, I would expect the trail to be a winding one with possibly a carving every 1/2 league that some feature may be able to be seen from that distance, pile of rocks etc the check mark may be a direction of travel

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
it is prominent snake

If you are in the Middle East and you think this is a snake, it could have some ancient religious significance.
The snake could be treasure related if it is associated with a high place. The Phoenicians used such places to
worship. The high place could be a terrain feature or even a man made mound. It doesn't have to be the
highest place in the area, just high. There might have been a place of worship on top and these places could
have hidden offerings. So... look for something up high and signs of a religious site. This type of site should
be protected by your country's antiquity laws. Don't risk your freedom digging for something that isn't there.
It would be more productive to study the site and look for surface evidence of something with historical significance.
I would be interested in knowing what evidence you find and what ancient cultures lived in your area...Phoenician
maybe. Have you ever seen a carved snake close to a carved spiral? Please tell us more about your area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread