All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First get a saltwater detector. The Tiger Shark isn't one. It has a "Saltwater Mode" but it just dumbs down, desensitizes, the machine. After you get the right machine, YOU check your local laws. Do you REALLY want an overzellous park ranger taking your metal detector and fining you because "Jercdontknownuthin23" said it was OK on the forum?

I know. This seems harsh.

Get over it. :skullflag:

OP
OP
james199

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harsh .. lol...I have been subjected to way worse in my life as I'm married and retired Army. And as far as my Great Detector I know it's limitations and I will be acquiring a PI in the not so destant future and this one will serve me well when I head up to the north end of the state to scuba dive a few places.. I been reading and what I find is one place says No No !! and then another will say the opposite or leave me a hell of a grey area and I really don't want any new shiny silver looking cuffs ( I don't like confining spaces ) so I figured what the hell I would come here and ask from thoes who might know way more than me .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In some places in Florida, you can't hunt IN the water because there may be salvage claims that stretch to the water mark. Then in some places, you can hunt from the High Tide line INTO the water.. Crazy. Good luck James, thank you for your service! Terry 1/41 FA, 56th FAB US Army 1973 - 1976

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure coast is only area to be concerned, if you avoid going in the water with detector on the beaches between Melbourne and Ft Pierce and start off all National Sea Shores you will be okay.. About 95% of Fl beaches are open for detecting...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Keep in mind there are also designated Underwater Archaeological Preserves. There is one area that encompasses the Anastasia State Park and the St. Augustine Inlet. Ivan is intimately aware of a Preserve in the Amelia Island area.

OP
OP
james199

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you soooo much .. and now the temperature is on the rise the tourist are coming in I got to find a swim suit that will make look sexy ..lol...

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Finally got my Ace 350, Would anybody like to team up for some nightly excursions in the Daytona beach area during spring break? I always wanted to do that with all the new kids in town making deposits. I figured it would be too busy/dangerous to detect during the day, I'll go while the drunks are sleeping.

jollystriker

Greenie
Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be up for an evening or two of night hunting. Low tide would be great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread