help on the type

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC00110.JPG I think 1 and 3 are Decatur but don't have a clue about the center point...any ideas??

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do the bases look like on 1 and 2? They don't look like Dacaturs to me. Can you show pics looking down at the ends of the bases?

The middle Point could be an exhausted Stemmed Kirk Serrated Point.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the white one could be evans also 4000 to 2000 bp

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its shows all kinds of good stuff in your area.take them too a show and ask around about the types is the best way cause they can see them better pictures are a little misleading at times.im sure the indians didnt call them what we do today anyway.

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
I have so many that I don't know about. I have never been to any shows..sounds like it would give me the fever after seeing all the flint
its shows all kinds of good stuff in your area.take them too a show and ask around about the types is the best way cause they can see them better pictures are a little misleading at times.im sure the indians didnt call them what we do today anyway.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller one could be a Decatur since it shows the basal fractures/burination that are common on this type. Even though the other looks like it has the fractures I have never seen a stemmed Decatur.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread