HELP: Opals and other stones

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It kind of depends on where your at. You will need to take them to a gemologist in your area for a professional evaluation.

Let folks know where, what city your in, and how far your willing to travel. Someone may have a recommendation for you.

B

BIG61AL

Most large cities have amatuer gemologist/collectors. Call the large trade show venue near you and ask if they have gem show every year.. Go to the gem show and look what they are selling. I would save the biggest and nicest opals for your self to give someone special....gem quality opals are always in demand. Get some proffessional opinions before you accept $200 or so for everything

T

tulecanyon

tucson gem and mineral show is coming up.
if you want experts and buyer is the same area, come visit tucson. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

nalexr30

Nov 4, 2008
Thank you for the advise. My uncle was a yearly regular at the Tuscon show. Some on here may know him. He lived to go there every year. We were helping to clean up his room. He had posters from the early 80's announcing the show.

I live in the Atlanta, GA area. I know that there are a few opals that I have that I would not sell for $200. There are some baggies with opals that were upwards of $2000 for the bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions