Help, please? Identifying 1/2 Sun hallmark-Italy, 585/14K yellow gold 20 in necklace

sanguinec1

Greenie
Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a beautiful (non magnetic -except for the latch spring) yellow gold 585/14K 20 inch lightweight Diamond Cut 20 in necklace in a mixed bag at a garage sale. After exhaustive research, I have wised up and come back here to ask for help. Does anyone recognize this hallmark? I believe it was before Italy had declared a two-mark min. However, it may be that the Italy and the half sun are considered two markings? The Jeweler said it was a lightweight diamond cut. I did not ask for more as I had only went in asking for them to tell me what it said on the clasp and what style of necklace it was. Thank you in advance! A lovely member suggested I post here, as there are many knowledgeable people on this forum in this area! 14K Italy Necklace (2).jpg

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen that before, the brand starts with an A, I'll try to look back on my past eBay listings to see if I can find it, post a picture of the other side and the whole piece if you can. Thanks, sorry I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

OP
OP
S

sanguinec1

Greenie
Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! It's at the jeweler currently-but, yes! It has the word Italy on the back! As soon as I get it back I will post more pics. Thank you for responding!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gonna be very difficult to track down the maker of that necklace. About all I can tell you is, since it is marked 14k and Italy, that it was made for export. 18k or .750 is the minimum standard for gold made/sold in Italy.

OP
OP
S

sanguinec1

Greenie
Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-3102955985.jpg

image-2421702945.jpg

image-289900016.jpg

image-1397471806.jpg

Correction! It's a 'Singapore' Style Pendant chain. 1.8 grams, 14k yellow gold, spring ring clasp. Total value: $180.00

:) thank you again for your help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread