help please

taggerd

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
i work in the oilfield and have the great fortune of walking around while at work.i have a friend who owns several acres and recently found a place i would think good for hunting.about the place.it has a small creek and several hills.the hills are maybe 30 feet tall guessing.one hill in perticular is covered in rocks and gives a great view of the area.what set me on this place is 2 different people.one says 20 years ago he found a tomahawk head in this area.and the second said he found a nice point there.i have walked the area finding flint not alot but some pieces.i am looking for where they might have camped but have know idea where to start.on the hill with the big rocks i did find some bowl shaped cutouts in the boulders.not sure if it is from rain or the work of indians.any advice would be appreciated.next time i am there ill take pictures.but till then does anyone have maybe a picture of burned rocks at campsites they have found.from the rock hill to the creek is about 300 yards.found this spot today so i am really exited.ps i was also told a old man use to get alot of his points in this area.but not sure

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

I would study what artifacts & materials are in your area & just keep looking by the sound of it your in a good spot.Take your time in hunting most of the times the piece isnt laying in plain view, maybe just a tip sticking out.Seek & ye shall find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread