Help Re: Metal detector tones

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've used a White's XLT for two and one-half years. I keep reading on discussion boards about the sounds produced by different coins. I don't seem to detect any difference with varying targets except the volume of the sound produced and the cut out/static quality of good targets vs. junk. Do I have a problem with my hearing? My attention to detail? Or does the XLT not have that feature? ???

Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
not sure with the whites xlt, what does the owner book say about tone target id?

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Hi hoosier,

You need to activate tone id .
Scroll down to pro options press enter and audio is first menu page, hit enter and scroll down to third audio option which is tone id and hit enter and enjoy the music. Some folks like it some don't.

HH Bill

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Thanks fellow Hoosier for asking this question...I had the same question as I missed not hearing varying tones for target ID like I had with a few of my cheaper detectors.
And thank you Bill for answering....I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.
Happy Hunting. Dan

OP
OP
hoosierfinds

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Bill(de) said:
Hi hoosier,

You need to activate tone id .
Scroll down to pro options press enter and audio is first menu page, hit enter and scroll down to third audio option which is tone id and hit enter and enjoy the music. Some folks like it some don't.

HH Bill
Thanks Bill
Don't know when I will do a good test. If it's not cold and snowy, it's raining. I will check it out.
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread