Help Repair 1280x

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
Hey Guys
Please move to proper area if this is the wrong place to post this request
I'm in desperate need of a little help
I was detecting down by the creek when i slipped and the cable of the detector caught
a tree branch and pulled it from the unit not all the way out but enough to make it stop working
I opened it up and it wasn't easy but i got it opened only to find that the wires where pulled from the main board
I can tell whee they go what I need help with is how or where they go if you know what I mean the colors are white black, green red and a clear plastic coating one does anybody know in what order they go and from front to back

I'm not sure how else to explain but if some one can tell me in what order to solder the wires
I would really be grateful to you

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Marjo, I would hope you'd send the 1280X back to the Fisher Co. and have them fix it for you before you ruin the whole detector. Cross up the wiring or if you don't get it sealed real good to keep out the water. You'll fry it and have a total loss, My 2 cents!

OP
OP
M

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
Monk said:
Marjo, I would hope you'd send the 1280X back to the Fisher Co. and have them fix it for you before you ruin the whole detector. Cross up the wiring or if you don't get it sealed real good to keep out the water. You'll fry it and have a total loss, My 2 cents!

Thanks your two cents are well taken
I live in Ontario, Canada and to ship it to California I wont get it back till next year
not that it will much deference the frost will be to deep to hunt any day now
I have already opened the unit up and I fell fairly confident I can solder the wires back
My dilemma is the order they go in if someone as one open and could take a picture of it
showing the wiring detail the rest is easy
so anybody with and open 1280x snap a picture of it and post it or you maybe-mail it to me

Thanks
Marjo

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a copy of the schematic. I need an addy to send.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread