Help to ID this painting.

Aug 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the last person to know much about fine art. My grandmother has had this picture as long as I can remember (30 yrs +). She recently gave it to me. It has a signature "Bill Bliss" in the lower right corner. I googled him (William Bliss Baker) and couldn't find this painting. It is 24 inches tall and 36 inches wide. Could it be a knock-off?

I will try to attach the images.

Thanks,
Rich

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
G
Aug 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how can I find any more information about the piece? I can't seem to find anything online.

Upvote 0

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://www.google.com/search?q=pai...5COXMsQTuv4HgDw&ved=0CCYQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=683
I found this page which is supposed to have a lot of his paintings. Be advised that this page will contain a number of errors. If he painted as many as this page shows his work may not be real valuable. You should be able to tell if yours is original. In addition to buildings he did paint Indian subjects. That the picture is not on this page doesn't mean it isn't legit. He may have sold it before he had a chance to photograph it. But something keeps nagging at me like maybe I have seen that picture before???

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread