Help to newcomer

Stylus

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

I come from slovenia so i need some help from my european friends.

I want to buy a metal detector but here are something to clear up first: my targets would be roman and pre-roman things (the best would be constantine I gold coin). Beacuse of permissions and forbidden archaeological areas near roman cities, i decided to look for small roman and ancient villages deep inside forest and hills. I know that there is unlucky to find my wanted constantide I beacuse those villages were poor with small population and mainly farms. In our state we have one pretty rich roman city but layer from first century is 5 meters deep, so that means all things from that period are buried 5 meters deep. Tehnicaly that is not imposible to find anything from that time on that area no matter how good is detector. How many of you did actualy found something roman? How deep it was? Where did you find it (meadow forest hills etc.)

There is other worry. Ww2 bombs. What you do to avoid them? You turn off your iron tone? Is it possible to completly avoid them?

Here are two most hot detectors iam looking for. First is golden mask one 24khz. I think that it is perfect for gold,i hope that it goes deep enough to find some roman gold.

Second is makro kruzer, it runs on 14khz, it has more settings and it is waterproof to 5m. It is also more expensive.

Please share your toughts and experiences with me.

Ps. I know that roman gold coin is extremly rare, that would be just my jackpot coin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread