Help with Button ID

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
Could someone please help me Identify this button.

I found this where I found some 1890's coins all the way up to 1950's wheat pennys just to help with the time frame.

2503869119_20d6c57d58.jpg

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you show the backside? Back marks are the best way to id a button. It appears to be a post CW civilian button but the back marks if any can determine that.
Mike

Lance

Oct 15, 2008
Ha Ha, I just found one exactly like that one the other day. I was actually on here looking to see if anyone else had found one and then saw your post. I don't have a clue yet what it's identity is but I found a couple nicer ones with different crest designs down the road a ways in an area that seems to have all kinds of history to it. Lots of stone tools and stuff. Great place to wander around in the Arkansas area. This is the first time I have even had access to a computer in a long time so hopefully I can post some pics soon. Gosh, I love this forum. That is a part of the thrill of this hobby , you never know just what might turn up. Now that I got my new MXT I am a treasure hunting nut. Thanks guys, and good luck with your hunting.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I can't help but it is a cool looking button,Different I like it

fortbball9

conlaodh

Dec 10, 2007
Denver
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505, Explorer II
Here is another one.
I found it last night at the park in front of my house, sure would like to know it's vintage.
And again the back of the button is all rust.

Attachments

• button 006 (Small).jpg
    button 006 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 309

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Your button is reminiscent of an Italian designed button sporting the fasces (see the back of a Liberty Dime), and given the frequency with which they are found here on American soil and posted here on T-Net I must assume they are a mere modern fashion buton.

Walter

Feb 18, 2012
Dumfries, VA
Detector(s) used
Garret 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, there is French Army button, I believe from 19 century

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread