TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Minelab X-terra 705 dual pack
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off let me say hello to everyone as i am new to this forum as well as metal detecting. I want to get into the hobby and hope one day to be able to go gold nugget hunting. Problem is i live in CT where gold nuggets are not plentiful. Long story short...I'm looking for a good detector that will be good for my area but something i could take on vacations to go nugget hunting. From what ive read most people say i would need two detectors, but i can only afford one....I've been leaning toward the X-terra 705 gold pack as it has a prospecting mode as well as a coin mode, but also am wondering if i get a gold bug 2 could i get an additional coil with it that would work for the detecting i could do in my area?..Or, what detector could you recommend for me in the $500-$750 range? I appreciate any info that you veterans could lend a wantabe =)....also, kind of off subject but what is the closest area from CT that i could go for gold nugget hunting?...Vermont?...Thanks for reading..

TMac

First off let me say hello to everyone as i am new to this forum as well as metal detecting. I want to get into the hobby and hope one day to be able to go gold nugget hunting. Problem is i live in CT where gold nuggets are not plentiful. Long story short...I'm looking for a good detector that will be good for my area but something i could take on vacations to go nugget hunting. From what ive read most people say i would need two detectors, but i can only afford one....I've been leaning toward the X-terra 705 gold pack as it has a prospecting mode as well as a coin mode, but also am wondering if i get a gold bug 2 could i get an additional coil with it that would work for the detecting i could do in my area?..Or, what detector could you recommend for me in the $500-$750 range? I appreciate any info that you veterans could lend a wantabe =)....also, kind of off subject but what is the closest area from CT that i could go for gold nugget hunting?...Vermont?...Thanks for reading..

TMac

Hello from White Plains, New York! I have been very successful with the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, both here in the Northeast as a coin and jewelry hunter, and in Arizona as a gold nuggetshooter. You should also look at the Fisher Goldbug Pro, and the Teknetics G2. Best of luck!

Hello from White Plains, New York! I have been very successful with the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, both here in the Northeast as a coin and jewelry hunter, and in Arizona as a gold nuggetshooter. You should also look at the Fisher Goldbug Pro, and the Teknetics G2. Best of luck!

Thanks for the info Terry! I ended up with the Minelab 705 dual pack...i just couldn't stop reading great things about it, and from watching videos thought the machine seemed pretty simple to learn...even for a beginner. Now if i could only get this darn snow to melt....
Btw, watched a couple of your videos the other day and really enjoyed them, thanks for posting!

TMac

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back