OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually it ended up being her fault I asked her if everything was here and she said yes. And I should've double checked the other spot and I didn't. I called her later and ask her what happened and she went out and checked the other location and there was five more boxes there. So I have to go pick those up next time I'm down that way probably tomorrow.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually it ended up being her fault I asked her if everything was here and she said yes. And I should've double checked the other spot and I didn't. I called her later and ask her what happened and she went out and checked the other location and there was five more boxes there. So I have to go pick those up next time I'm down that way probably tomorrow.

Well, hopefully those 5 extra boxes will make up for what is now a bad deal! If not, then any free stuff that was previously designated to go to Goodwill might make up for the bad deal but of course that means you will have to go back and you may not want to.

Frank

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, hopefully those 5 extra boxes will make up for what is now a bad deal! If not, then any free stuff that was previously designated to go to Goodwill might make up for the bad deal but of course that means you will have to go back and you may not want to.

Frank

I definitely have to be more careful though. I have felt sick ssince going through them. There was something pretty interesting in the bottom of one of the boxes though. Masonic I believe..

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444778457.013255.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did I tell ya earlier about "checking the pile"... heh

Lesson learned.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did I tell ya earlier about "checking the pile"... heh

Lesson learned.

This life lesson, I drink to tonight. Went out for wing night and just enjoyed my life. (Lol had 2 beers) living it up!!! I can't believe it happened. What can you do? hopefully I get something else tomorrow but if not... I did call her though and she told me that I left the box right there. And it should make up for the difference. And I can have the other seven boxes that are on the porch so I think I need to go on vacation for a while! I'll tell you what though my wife was not happy with me.....

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll tell you what though my wife was not happy with me.....

Agree with magsisme... Amazing how fast she forgives and forgets. Shiny heals all wounds. Funny how quickly the spectrum shifts from so angry to lah-dee-dah. I would die of boredom without my woman keepin' me dancing.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst purchase of my life... So many words come to mind.. Crap... Is not one of them... >€*^%?€*^#~|\.,!'
I've been there. It's a sick, disgusting, weak in the pit of your stomach kind of feeling. What was the end result, was there a silver lining at all? Did you get the rest of the boxes? The Knights Templar handbook is a good find especially being pre 1900.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread