Help with dump banks

jack584

May 29, 2011
So I tried to dump my dimes at wells, my usual dump and for the first time they said that I have to have an account with them to do a transaction there, the same thing with chase, my secondary dump. I have an account with BofA and a local CU, but both of those are my pick up banks, and I heard that even if you dumb at a different branch of the same bank (I know that you don't dump at your pickup) you will get the same coins back faster. Is this true? I don't really want to make another account at another bank because I want the least amount of companies possible to have my info, because of all the hacking going around now and stuff. So any help?

Thanks

Upvote 0

db23

Mar 18, 2011
If you wanna play the game you've gotta be willing to do what's necessary. Just open the account to dump and keep the min in there to not get charged the fees.

The other choice is to use a coin star and pay them a percentage - not even a real option IMO.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
you are lucky you have gotten that far! only huntington around here will give out or accept coin without an account!

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
WF usually doesn't mind me dumping w/o an account. I usually put my ID on the counter as if I'm a customer. A lot of time I get away with "I have a mortgage serviced by your company, if that helps".

Otherwise, open an account. Not letting your information out is a good point, but it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. Nearly all the major banks get compromised from time to time and the government looks at bank records with the PATRIOT Act all the time. Banking is not an industry of privacy, unfortunately.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Why don't you just order from BofA and dump at Credit Union or vice versa? Chances are that they don't share the same cash vault.

OP
OP
J

jack584

May 29, 2011
SFBayArea said:
Why don't you just order from BofA and dump at Credit Union or vice versa? Chances are that they don't share the same cash vault.

Yeah that's a good idea, but is it true that if you dump at a different branch of the same bank in the same area you will get your dumps back faster? And I would think BofA's vault would be dryer than the CU's vault, I would think more people would order more from BofA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread