✅ SOLVED Help with ID please

Jun 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 pieces here. The smaller one says "THRIFT"(?) Recipes and has a soup tureen on the bottom. The larger one says "urges you to test his" and yes, it says his and not him on the left side above the design. Above that writing is some sort of leafy looking thing. The right side of the large one says "Mid-day~Matinee~Midnight" again, above the design. That large one is 10"x10" total and weighs almost 5 lbs. They were fairly close to each other, about 18" down. Obviously the writing on them is mirrored so I was thinking possibly some sort of die? But I really don't have a clue. Help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the faces of of printing block

for national macaroni manufacturers ad - 1932

National macaroni manufacturers assn.*, Braidwood, Ill. Mid-day— matinee—midnight George Rector America's best-loved chef urges you to test his spaghetti and chicken salad. (In Woman's Home Companion, May, 1931)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Jun 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Matt, thank you so much. We had a macaroni factory here in town about 2 blocks fm where I found this. Can I ask how or where you got that information? Regardless, thank you again so much.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Matt, thank you so much. We had a macaroni factory here in town about 2 blocks fm where I found this. Can I ask how or where you got that information? Regardless, thank you again so much.

What!?!? Give up my trade secrets?!?!? :laughing7:

Gramma, it's what we do in this forum. Most of it ain't brain surgery...
I simply "Googled" 'Mid~day~matinee~midnight'. There were 2 matches. Copy. Paste. And it's Miller time... :occasion14:

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread