HELP WITH MINI LONG GUN

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out on a quick hunt at an early 1800's cellar hole that I got permission to hunt. I was therre about 5 mins when I got a solid tone, high VDI hit. Thought it might be an old silver coin but my depth meter read only about 1", but there was no way I wasn't going to see what it was. With very little digging out popped a long piece of metal whinch upon further inspection seemed to be in the shape of an old musket. I thought immediately that it must be a toy owned by a kid who lived there, but the shallowness seems to indicate otherwise (??) Anyway, it is 9 1/2" long and upon some gentle cleaning has some kind of gold finish on it. There is also a design maybe of a building that may be a church or mission (the Alamo?) on the stock which I have tried to capture in one of the pictures. Any help on this would be appreciated.

The only other keeper was a London one piece flat button IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1129.JPG with a basket weave pattern on the front.

Thanks. IMG_1130.JPG

Upvote 1

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know anything about it, But "Way COOL :laughing7: " Congrats on the Extra nice find

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know anything about it, But "Way COOL :laughing7: " Congrats on the Extra nice find

Thanks Jeff. It's a heavy little thing and continues to be a mystery. It will make for an interesting display piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread