Help With My T2 SE Please

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had my T2SE for a few months now but I still can't seem to get the hang of it. I also use an MXT Pro and know that machine very well. I'm accustomed to distinct tone differences - high pitch for non-ferrous, low grunt for iron. I've been running the T2SE at 89-95 sensitivity, discrimination at 41 (I was told that gives it a "boost"), and 2+ tone, but all the tones sound the same to me. Also, nails consistently read in the 80's. I hunt in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley - farm fields, old home sites, etc. I have made a few decent finds with the T2, but not what I think I should be getting with this unit. Any tips for a newbie to the T2SE would be most appreciated.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If nails are sounding really good you probably have your sensitivity to high.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
If nails are sounding really good you probably have your sensitivity to high.

Thanks Bart. After reading some comments on another forum, I believe you're right.

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
Use BP mode. 10 Disc 90 Sens. Lower sens if there is interference. Make sure to ground balance it where there is no signal. If it keeps jumping high to low, or low to high, 99 percent of the time it is junk. Dig a few, and see what I mean. If it stays higher, it will be a better chance of finding good stuff. It will be chatty, but it will tell you a lot more. If you have the disc up high, you will not hear the iron grunts that happen at ten. You will only hear inconsistent beeps when it hits on high. The boost mode will get you a lot deeper. Before long, you will not even need to look at the numbers, until you hear a constant sound. Take it slow on BP, not fast like other modes. I have found a lot of good things in hunted out places with my SE. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread