Help with new detector.

Bama_BigJohn

Nov 21, 2006
Scottsboro, AL
Detector(s) used
Still trying to decide.
Hey folks. My wife and I live in Scottsboro and want to start detecting. The more we read on detectors, the more lost we get. We travel so we will be hunting in AL, TN, GA and NC. I'm not rich and I have to get two detectors. We were looking at the Ace250, and the Bounty Hunter505 to get started. Are these good choices for these southern areas or should we look at something else? I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks.

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
Hello BBJ, the 250 would be a good choice for a starter machine. It is easy to learn to operate , the price is right and customer service is one of the best. I do not have any experience with BH's but I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I think the Ace 250 is about the same cost as a BH 505

so I would buy 2 Ace 250s

that way if you wanted as you grow into hobby bigger and smaller coils

what ever you buy coil wise with work for you or your other half's machine

either way both find stuff HHs to you all

wayne_etc

Jul 28, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Be sure to consider buying USED! The classifieds on this forum and others can be an excellent way of getting a good deal on a detector. Also think about getting 2 different kinds of detectors. Not everyone has the same "taste" in detectors. You might like one that your better half doesn't like. And the good thing about buying used is that if you don't like one, just resell it on the forum. In the $200 or so range (used) you might get the Ace's described, or maybe a Fisher ID Excel, several different kinds of Tesoros, Prisms, etc. Just keep an eye out.

w

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
ACE 250, GOOD UNITS FOR THE STARTER TREASURE HUNTERS
GOOD PRICE
GOOD SERVICE
GOOD FINDS
JUST ONE THING, KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR FINDS, AND THAT MAKES US "HAPPY" AND YOU TO....

KEEPA DIGGIN

MLHUDSON

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread