Help with old Garrett Master Hunter ADS 1 Groundhog.

Buck4779

Mar 9, 2024
Wilmington North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I have recently acquired a Garrett Master Hunter ADS 1 Groundhog from the late 70's early 80's. It looks to be in perfect condition. I had to get a new battery tray from Garrett, could not find the old one.
I put 6 brand new Duracell batteries in it and inserted the tray. It powers up but I can't get it tuned so that it will react to any metal objects. Is anyone familiar with this unit that could offer any suggestions on how to get started or determine if the unit is not working?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently acquired a Garrett Master Hunter ADS 1 Groundhog...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to BRANDS > GARRETT for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread