Help With Platinum Wedding Ring Recovery

willy1970

Apr 8, 2009
Central MN
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro & X-Terra 50
Hello All,
A group that I detect with has been contacted to help recover a woman's platinum wedding band that
was lost in their yard. The wife, who's ring we will be looking for, has terminal cancer and is desperately
wanting to get her ring back as soon as possible.

I, and a couple others, are using Explorers. I know rings can hit all over the place, but are there
any pointers for general areas of the smart find or digital to keep an eye on? The ring has been lost for
about six weeks, so we don't anticipate it being buried too deep. They have also saved the grass
clippings from the mowings since it was lost.

Also, any other tips for setting up an SE for this type of recovery? Any help is appreciated -- it would
be great to be able to get the ring back to her.

Thanks in advance,
Willy

Upvote 0

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
willy1970 said:
Hello All,
A group that I detect with has been contacted to help recover a woman's platinum wedding band that
was lost in their yard. The wife, who's ring we will be looking for, has terminal cancer and is desperately
wanting to get her ring back as soon as possible.

I, and a couple others, are using Explorers. I know rings can hit all over the place, but are there
any pointers for general areas of the smart find or digital to keep an eye on? The ring has been lost for
about six weeks, so we don't anticipate it being buried too deep. They have also saved the grass
clippings from the mowings since it was lost.

Also, any other tips for setting up an SE for this type of recovery? Any help is appreciated -- it would
be great to be able to get the ring back to her.

Thanks in advance,
Willy

I guess you have never seen a ring that went through a lawn mower!

FunInTheSun

Greenie
Aug 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Excalibur 1000, Sovereign GT, Vibraprobe
Willy,

Platinum has zero ferrous content and very low conductivity. The combination puts it in the lower right hand corner of the graphic display.

Good Luck,
Mike
(Explorer SE)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread