Help With Public Panning Sites

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Hey all,

I started putting together a map of public panning sites yesterday using Google Maps. Obviously there are far more than I know of or will have time to research, so I made the map open to public edits. If anyone knows of a good site to include, or better yet several, I hope you'll add them to the map.

Here's what I have so far:

http://www.blackcatmining.com/reference/public-gold-panning.cfm

Not a ton, but not bad for 24 hours... :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Lookin! I appreciate the tip.

I've added Morgan-Monroe and Yellowwood State Forests.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Lawsons bar, exit 102 off I-5 is open.

Millers gulch on Coyote Creek is open to panning and sluicing, no dredging. Its just across the freeway from the town of Wolf Creek. Upstream is the ghost town of Golden.

All tribs of the Rogue from Grants Pass to Grave creek bridge are open for the first 1/4 mile.

Lund Park is open. Its between Cedar creek and Hobo camp on Brice creek.

OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
golddigger14s said:
Lynx Creek, AZ Panning only.

Already got it. Well, got it pretty close anyway. I marked Lynx Creek Rd because the map didn't show the creek.

Jeffro, I'll try to get on those after the electrician is done. Have to power down...

OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Okay, I finally had a chance to get one of the ones you suggested up Jeffro. Time has been at a premium lately, so haven't been able to get much done on the map. The really cool part is though, that a couple other people have added sites to the map since last I looked! It's growing on its own. :)

OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Yeah, it's a little convoluted.

Once you visit, I think it goes like this:

Click the link under the map for a bigger version. It should take you to Google Maps. Once there, click the "My Maps" tab, then select the panning sites map under the "Created by Others" heading and finally click the edit button. That brings up the pin, area and line tools. I haven't used the line and area tools, but to place a pin you click it, click where you want to put it, fill in the details and then click "Ok" and "Save".

Just to add to the confusion, the pin most likely won't show up until you visit the map again in another window. Like I said, convoluted...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome idea Eathan! I knew that Jeffro would have lots of areas to add...he is the man when it comes to where to find stuff in Oregon! :D I am going to bookmark it and take a look and see if I have any to add later when I have had a chance to get some rest! lol Amazing you find the time with all the stuff going on for you there! Give my regards to your beautiful wife and adorable lil Oliver too! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread