Help with question on which is better for me?

AZGoldHuntin

Apr 29, 2023
Hi all, Iā€™m very interested in picking up a metal detector and Iā€™ve had my eyes set on 2 different ones.

I would be searching for gold/silver/relics (coins & such). Iā€™ll be searching around the desert where I live and maybe up north in the higher mountains area. (AZ)

The 2 options I could pick up is either:

1. Garrett ATX Deepseeker for around $600

Or

2. Equinox 900 for around $500

What would be suited for my application of use?, thank you all who respond.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hi all, Iā€™m very interested in picking up a metal detector and Iā€™ve had my eyes set on 2 different ones.

I would be searching for gold/silver/relics (coins & such). Iā€™ll be searching around the desert where I live and maybe up north in the higher mountains area. (AZ)

Or

I would go with the Equinox. Just my preference.

Boghog1

Apr 24, 2023
NH
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex
Past: Bounty Hunter Pioneer
I was looking at the 900 but for the money I went with the Nokta Legend. the 900 is a great machine and IMHO a better machine than the garret
Edit, actually I was thinking of a different Garret, that is a screaming deal on the Garrett

OP
OP
A

AZGoldHuntin

Apr 29, 2023
I was looking at the 900 but for the money I went with the Nokta Legend. the 900 is a great machine and IMHO a better machine than the garret
Edit, actually I was thinking of a different Garret, that is a screaming deal on the Garrett
Yep, I was looking into the legend as well, but for what I can grab these machines at for the deal is nice. But for that Garrett, when everyone I see is around $1800+, scooping it up for $600 is a sweet deal. My only thing is, is it a really good detector over the equinox 900.

Blackfoot: Why would you choose the equinox over the Garrett? Thanks all for the replyā€™s.

OP
OP
A

AZGoldHuntin

Apr 29, 2023
Yep, that was my initial thought as well. I found it in another state than where Iā€™m located so I canā€™t meet up to see it in person. From all the pictures, everything looks in very good shape. I spoke with the gentleman over the phone and he said ā€œhe has no time to use any of his detectors anymore due to workā€. He was ready to meet in person till I informed him I was out of state. Always have the thought, if itā€™s to good to be true than itā€™s probably bull.

If I make the purchase Iā€™m trying to do so that would cover myself if it turns up as a bogus item if I do go through with the purchase.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out what your soil conditions in your area are then go with the one that will deal with your conditions. I'm thinking your going to have highly mineralized soil so find out which is best that way not the price. You could save yourself money on a machine that won't work for you.

OP
OP
A

AZGoldHuntin

Apr 29, 2023
Find out what your soil conditions in your area are then go with the one that will deal with your conditions. I'm thinking your going to have highly mineralized soil so find out which is best that way not the price. You could save yourself money on a machine that won't work for you.
Thanks for the info., this would be my first metal detector so Iā€™m still trying to read up and watch videos about everything I can. I believe you are correct though about my soil near me.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd keep the Legend in mind, waterproof up to 10 feet. A very capable machine at a great 'in the box new' price. Any of them will find goodies. Check the weights of each unit with the coil. I like capable and lightweight.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

Or

I would go with equinox, I think is more simple to use and its weight light, more than garret.

But if you want to find more relics than coins I think you should go for garret.

Both are good machines, that kind of easy decition, let us know how is working the one on your decition

Good looks on your adventures

šŸ‘šŸ½šŸ˜Ž

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions