Help with Sherlock Pinpointer

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
Hi.... I have a sherlock DTS-PRO "approx. 2 yrs old" with very little use because when i go out detecting & use it the battery cover always falls off leaving me to searching for the cover instead of my intended search. i tried searching for the manufacturer but came up with nothing. Does anyone have a web-site address or phone number to this company as when I purchased the pinpointer all that came in the cardboard box was some simple instructions...... Thanks!!!

With all the dealers on this forum I thought I would get a response. I guess the Sherlock DTS-Pro Pinpointer speaks for itself as a piece of expensive JUNK.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
About all I can suggest is the obvious-try taping the cover on. Customer service may not be available as I believe they are made in China. The Sherlock should get 1 1/2" range on coins but many say something like great until they break. I you buy some American made (I think) pinpointer like the Bounty Hunter/Teknetics one for $50-60 you get a 1 year warranty. The Vibraprobe 560(?) is supposed to be quite durable but $99 at a discount. See pinpointer reviews at http://metaldetectorreviews.com Sorry I couldn't be of more help. HH, George (MN)

OP
OP
F

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
George...Thanks for the reply as I learned the Sherlock Pinpointer is junk and My local Metal Detector Dealer here in Buffalo,NY (Blasdell) ripped Me off when I purchased it as He said it was a great pinpointer & I paid a lot for this junk plus bought My Minelab Quattro from Him.
Needless to say:He has lost me as a customer because of this & i am looking into buying a new Minelab Explorer SE & will now buy from out of state dealers.

OP
OP
F

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
Texas Coin Hunter said:
just dig out a roll of electric tape & tape it up

Dave

Too late... I already threw out the Sherlock as I probably will do with the Minelab Quattro!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread