Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to hit the yard sales and craigslist

If you don't mind traveling, this looks like a good deal, I have no affiliation with this ad...
Keene A52 Sluice with optional frame

Here is another, on the west side of the central valley, this guy has a lot of stuff. You might be able to sell off what you don't need and have what you keep paid for

http://fresno.craigslist.org/spo/3348867429.html

Plenty have gotten the fever after the popularity of gold shows, and then have second thoughts when they actually get out on the end of a #2 shovel....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mountainman22

Nov 5, 2012
Canon City
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also thanks for that , but for the traveling money all the way from Colorado, I could buy the better sluices. I have sluices, I just want a cheap mini. MM

OP
OP
M

mountainman22

Nov 5, 2012
Canon City
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh lol, I get it now. I was wondering... I can't find anything on Craigslist, and I tried building my own but I can't trust my own building. I just want a cheap, easy recovery mini-ish sluice.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are gold shows all the time pick up a copy of prospectors magazine it will have a lists in the of the up coming gold shows in it. I would opt for the keene sluices but others are also good. Do a search on Hillbillysluice.com they are located in ohio I believe that is the last one I bought. HH and may all the sand in your sluices be golden...

JohnGalt

Nov 4, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sluice choices aside, .... thanks for the national craigslist search page. I never knew there was one. That has always been the biggest pain about CL. Thats awsome, .... my wife is gonna be .... annoyed!

Last edited:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tee Dee Co. in Santa Anna CA. the EZ Sluice.
Good for home and out in the field. I used this one in the field for years hiking.
I use it at home to prosses my cons.
Look.

Last edited:

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I have found a lot of good deals through contacts at my local GPAA group. I have the jobe sluice and the EZsluice. Both require classifying. Save a little longer and get the Bazooka gold trap. No classifying,hence no classifying screens and less equipment to pack in. Just a shovel , a pan and the bazooka gold trap.
I spent a lot for a rookie on prospecting equipment. This set up is not inexpensive but works.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So aurabbit ypu think it would do ok with like 10 buckets? My sluices all suck.

I do classify what I dig to 3/8", but yes 10 buckets a day is about the max for the EZ Sluice
I have 2- Keene 52As 1 EZ Sluice. 1 Homemade Lexan 3' sluice, 1 Dredge Sluice, and 1 Keene Drywasher
Here's my Lexan Sluice.
photo (6).JPG
photo (4).JPG
photo (1).JPG
photo.JPG
Running Lexan through a table saw can be tricky.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MountainMan22,
I have an EZ sluice that I usually use in low flow water but my grandson likes to use it and it works well in faster water. When in the faster flow it handles material classified at 1/2" pretty good. At a slower flow I classify to 1/4". It will handle 10 bucket quite well. I wouldn't go over that too much.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

OP
OP
M

mountainman22

Nov 5, 2012
Canon City
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow AURabbit thats a nifty set up! It amazes me the things some of you guys build yourselves. That Lexan is awesome. good job and thanks for the input! Also B H Prospector thanks for that. I was hoping to get details like that. So I figure I will do a quick cleanout after every five buckets I suppose? Does that sound good?

OP
OP
M

mountainman22

Nov 5, 2012
Canon City
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Waldo, does that Bazooka really do a good job? Where Im at it's usually 100 grain and smaller specks of gold. How does the Bazooka in your opinion do with fine gold?

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
For running the black beach sands I have a four stack gold cube. I bought from a treasure net member that was somewhat local.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaning after every 5 buckets would be a good idea. Less chance of major build up and gold loss. Come to think about it when in low flow water I do clean after every 4 or 5 buckets. Fast flow usually keeps it pretty clear.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Walldo, I just bought a Bazooka Prospector used...what tips can you give me on running it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread