scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my V3i for three years now. I don't really care for the stock 10" DD coil so I purchased three other coils, a 4x6, a 950 concentric, and a 10x12 SEF coil. I have had really good results with the first two, but the 10x12 SEF seems to cause me problems, I am not sure, but it really seems unstable and false a lot. Is there any settings that I should pay particular attention to. Also in the menu to select the coil that I am using, since there is no 10x12 I there, I was told to use the 10 DD, Is this the best selection? Any help would be appreciated, this coil cost around $185 if I remember correctly, hate to just leave it collecting dust. TY for any suggestions.

Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi scotty, I know of another hunter that has noise and falsing problems with the 10x12 SEF but I haven't used one myself. I use the 6x8 SEF and love it! Great depth and separation and it's very light to swing. On larger coils the 10DD setting gives the closest VDI's typically but picking the coil size has nothing to do with performance of the coil at all. It simply tries to align the VDI numbers to fit the scale.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, ok ty buddy. I read that they are more sensitive to EMI maybe I will have to try the frequency offset and lowering the rx gain.

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
I am sending mine back tomorrow to Kellyco where I bought it from they said they will take a look at it , I have the 12x15 sef also for the v3i and I can crank the rxgain up past 10 no problems and its quiet , I can't go last 4 with the 10x12sef so there's something wrong .

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have already exchanged mine out once, the new ne started acting funny after about three trips to the field. Its hard to trust it when all it does is false hit even at a lower than normal RXG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I only use White coils on my V3i, but from some of the posts I may be missing something.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The SEF coils are V-rated, I made sure of that before I bought it. They have brand specific coils, not just a one coil fits all.

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
Just got my 10x12 sef back from kellyco they replaced it with a new one I will check back when I get a chance to test it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread