• image-4072801982.jpg
    image-4072801982.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 99

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Oller & Johnson's KS Trade Tokens book says "Mrs. Lee Gore - Cigars - 1958 Dun & Bradstreet" on the variety that is closest to your 10¢ one, and "The Gore family was in the cigar business 1906-1958" on another variety that has town and state on it. The variety you show is not listed (yet), so I'd encourage you to post it on Richard's Token Database - TokenCatalog.com which is the reference Don used. With your permission to use your photo, I'd be happy to do the posting.

The KS book shows all of the seven varieties of Gore tokens as "Good", which is on their rarity scale of Common - Good - Better - Scarce - Rare. They do not give values as there is really no way of telling except by auctioning the piece. Kansas tokens aren't among the "hot" ones right now, so I'd hesitate to think that yours would bring over $10.

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
sanford66

sanford66

Dec 29, 2009
Everest, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both for the help! I found this in my backyard and it kind of suprised me, as its a newer home and all i have ever found here is pennys, clad, tootsie toys, and trash. I kind of figured it wouldn't be worth much, but still a nice find, and sounds like it could be a little rare. Idahotokens, if youy want to post it to the Token Database that would be fine with me, and you have full permission to use my pictures. Thanks again for the help guys. Joseph

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always cool to find an old token!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread