Help with value and info on old books

bvannada

May 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found both of these original books in fairly decent condition in my great grandparents home a few years ago and was curious if anyone had any info on either and perhaps if they are worth any value so the can be properly preserved if so. The first is called A Spectre of Power copyright 1903 hardback and the other is Alfred Lord Tennyson. I could not find any dates and will post better pics if need be. The pages and binding are becoming fragile on this book. Thanks for any and all help. 20150531_172534.jpg 20150531_172609.jpg IMG_20150614_230812.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Im in the same boat ! I got a box full of old books from my Grandmother from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. some are in rough shape , plus I also received a box of old 33s all classical music. I need to find some book/music store to sell them! to much stuff and not enough time to fiddle with it!

Intuitis

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a few pictures [email protected] i will see if i can dig anything up for you. pictures of the book from all angles for a condition estimate and pictures of the publisher pages along with any addition information that may be on the title page or signatures, check for spotting or rippling on the pages to.

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Bookfinder.com
If it's available for sale anywhere, it will show up on Bookfinder, with prices.
Bear in mind that any book, no matter how old, is rarely worth anything unless it's in very good condition.

OP
OP
B

bvannada

May 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I will check it out. Intuitis I will get you some pics. Thanks

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bear in mind that any book, no matter how old, is rarely worth anything unless it's in very good condition.

Last but not least,I hope you have first editions,first printings otherwise its gonna hurt.:BangHead: <yeah like that:laughing7:

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Go to Bookfinder.com
If it's available for sale anywhere, it will show up on Bookfinder, with prices.

I buy books all the time from auctions and Always make good money from them you just need to know where to go to uload them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread