HELP! WS4 puck dead.

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so I've been hunting exclusively with the Deus lately trying to learn it and have made great progress the last few weeks, so last night I shut of the remote to try and use just the WS4 as I attempted to scroll through the programs it started blinking and would not respond to anything finally it shut off and now it will not turn on. The battery was full when this happened since then I have tried charging it again and tried to re update the system and nothing (computer did not see the puck). The charging indicator on the puck will not respond to the charger. Please advise! running 5.2 was using 5x9 HF at the time also have 11 in LF coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As my post from a few days ago stated my ws4 puck went dead, so today I called the authorized repair center and they got me set up to send it in for repairs and just before I go to pack it up for shipment I pressed all 3 buttons at once and boom, back on I have turned it off and on several times and scrolled through the menu and it appears to be just fine. go figure.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would still send it in unless the repair center can explain why it S/D and locked out like that in the first place. Is the three button thing some sort of secret hard reset key combination that the repair center suggested trying?

OP
OP
F

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They did not! I read somewhere about pressing the + and - buttons for 10 seconds to do a factory reset, I tried that many times and nothing happened. I just said lets try one more time and pressed all 3 buttons at the same time and it works just fine.

OP
OP
F

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should mention that I called them back and told the man what had happened and we had a good laugh. Very friendly staff eager to help.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never had that happen. If it's gonna happen it'll happen to me.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions