HELP!!!!!

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only technical difference I could see is frequency . Some frequencies are said to be better at different targets .

OP
OP
N

nurseterri2

Jun 8, 2013
I also heard good things about the Garrett At Pro and the Tesaro silver IMAX. What do you think???

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are both good detectors and will serve you well once you learn how to use them efficiently. This takes about 50 hours. If i had the same choice to make between the 350 and F2, i'd opt for the F2 because it has a VDI. The 350 has segments only. This is just my opinion as they both will find metal and beep. LoL

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got it down to those two...... The F2. I know the Ace is a cute color and all, but the F2 is the better machine.... Now that's only my opinion, and of course I could be wrong......

But I'm not.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would decide on a price range first then narrow it down. For under $300, I would go either Teknetics Euro Pro or Fisher F2 with the DD coils, then save for a quality pin pointer for faster recovery! Good luck!!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would decide on a price range first then narrow it down. For under $300, I would go either Teknetics Euro Pro or Fisher F2 with the DD coils, then save for a quality pin pointer for faster recovery! Good luck!!

Listen to this guy! He's "pointing" you in a good direction!

If you're just starting it would be better to have a solid entry level detector, and a excellent pinpointer! Hit up Kellyco or bigboyhobbies.com, and get the F2 2 coil package, and a Garrett pro pointer! You'll be set!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy the AT Pro. The extra money spent now will save you from having to upgrade so soon and will be a much more enjoyable experience.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy the AT Pro. The extra money spent now will save you from having to upgrade so soon and will be a much more enjoyable experience.

Sound advice, I can't wait to order my ATP!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk to Bart at BigBoysHobbies, you will not find a lower price or better service. Tell him your a TNet member for a big discount and it will be shipped free the day you buy it. I have never had a better experience with a vendor!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can afford an ATP and a pro pointer- then by all means buy them- but your getting closer to $800 mark!

I think you'll be better off getting an F2/ pro pointer............. than getting just an ATP.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk to Bart at BigBoysHobbies, you will not find a lower price or better service. Tell him your a TNet member for a big discount and it will be shipped free the day you buy it. I have never had a better experience with a vendor!

I have, he gave me an awesome price on my Pro Pointer and the ATP. I just have to order it when I'm ready!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by nurseterri2
I also heard good things about the Garrett At Pro and the Tesaro silver IMAX. What do you think
huh.gif

Now if we're talking about these two, the ATP!

I don't know about that, Silver Imax comes with big screen and 3D glasses....grin

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies he will give you the pros and cons of each detector.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Anything but an Ace.
Have you checked out the Tesoro Compadre? Imo getting a detector without a screen as a first machine will train your ears better. You'll put 100% into listening instead of watching a screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread